FCSC Debate Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FCSC Debate Forum
FCSC Debate Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should death row inmates be used for medical research?

5 posters

Go down

Should death row inmates be used for medical research? Empty Should death row inmates be used for medical research?

Post  Admin Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:11 pm

I don't think death row inmates should be used for medical research. They're still human beings and they should still be treated as such. I might be able to be for using them for medical research if we gave them the option, but just ripping them out of prison unwillingly and using them would
1.) upset the death row inmate
2.) cause a risk for the people transporting them, guarding them, and doing research on them.

All in all I just think it's a terrible idea.

What do you think?

Admin
Admin

https://fchsdebate.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Should death row inmates be used for medical research? Empty Death Row Inmates

Post  tristina Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:46 am

I think they should. They're going to die anyway, so they might as well be of some use to society. As it is, death row inmates are cluttering up prisons.
tristina
tristina

Back to top Go down

Should death row inmates be used for medical research? Empty Death row inmates

Post  delu5988 Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:06 am

I dont think that medical testing on them even though they are going to die is a good idea. They shouldnt have to suffer more than they should already. If you think about it, they have been in prison for a really long time and have already been suffering so why suffer more. It is really unfair.

delu5988

Back to top Go down

Should death row inmates be used for medical research? Empty Death Row Inmates

Post  burn5528 Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:09 am

I am a littleon the fence, but all in all, I think it is useful. However, I think that you should have to have written permission by the inmate to test on them. They should have to give consent. If they want to help thier country and benefit a littel to society, that's their choice.

burn5528

Back to top Go down

Should death row inmates be used for medical research? Empty Re: Should death row inmates be used for medical research?

Post  Duzaman Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:20 pm

I agree with Burn. I don't want the prison system to become a mad house so written consent would be a good idea. Otherwise, I say death row inmates, if were absolutely sure they are guilty and have overwhelming evidence, we should execute them quickly, and stop wasting money feeding them.
Duzaman
Duzaman

Back to top Go down

Should death row inmates be used for medical research? Empty Re: Should death row inmates be used for medical research?

Post  tristina Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:31 am

Exactly, the inmates are going to die, so stop wasting money on feeding them and make them useful to the society they've wronged. As for the written consent: I didn't think of that, and I agree.
tristina
tristina

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum